Sophisticated and dynamic websites employ numerous advanced HTML techniques. Perhaps you need help reigning in those crazy tables, or you want to spice things up with embedded animations or videos. Maybe you need to frame multiple documents together or you want to learn the tags needed to create text fields, buttons, and other form elements. This class equips you with the HTML tools needed to make your websites interactive, accessible, and easier to manage.
There are currently no scheduled dates for this course. If you're interested in this course please contact us.
Anyone who has basic html experience, or who has taken the html fundamentals class.
Advanced Elements for HTML Tables
Refined, accessible, and CSS-friendly table designs demand a suite of tags introduced in the latest standards. Incorporate tags to facilitate navigation and consolidate your code. This part of the advanced HTML training shows you how to:
* Group your rows together to make coding easiser * Save time by applying properties to a table head or body instead of row by row * Add summary information to guide search engine through the content * Caption your table without convoluted outer tables * Use column elements to affect multiple cells in a fell swoop
Working with Complex Tabular Data
Learn the nitty-gritty details that will ease the frustrations of working with complex data. Weigh the pros and cons of merging cells and nesting tables inside of tables. Employ strategies to make complex tables more navigable and load in record time. After this portion of the advanced HTML training course, you'll be able to:
* Sneak behind the scenes of a design and tweak complicated table code * Scope the heading cells to a row or header for improved navigation * Merge cells within rows or columns * Create tables with both fixed and flexible width cells * Embed a table within another table
Embracing Dynamic Media - Videos and Flash
Enhance your website with interactive media. Rich media such as videos and flash offer exciting ways to communicate with your users. You may develop your own media or you may work with the wealth of videos and animations available on the Web. We step through the process of embedding a YouTube video, as well as including a Flash animation. After completing this lesson you can:
* Incorporate a YouTube video on your web page * Clean up the provided code to make it standards compliant * Customize the video frame * Add a Adobe Flash animation to your web page * Tailor the animation to your needs by setting its background * Control whether an animation auto plays and/or loops
Framing Documents Inline
* Create multi-file environments * Design the framed space within a document * Dictate an initial file to load * Alter the file within the iframe using hyperlinks * Construct a multi-image gallery * Make your iframe accessible to archaic browsers
Frames, Framesets and Targets
As we learned with inline frames, websites with two or more pages displayed within the same browser window employ frames. To aggregate multiple pages - including those from other web pages - into a single window requires framesets. We graduate from using inline frames to framesets focusing on methods that ensure accessibility while increasing website efficiency. You will be able to:
* Split a window into multiple columns and/or rows * Craft a frameset layout that adjusts to a variety of window sizes * Disguise your frames to make them invisible to the visitor * Dynamically update pages in one frame from links in another * Remove the frameset at the users discretion
Forms, Input Elements and More
Web sites have become increasingly interactive, allowing users to easily create accounts, sign up for events, make purchases or request information. Dreamweaver makes it easy to create a form and to add various components to it. This part of the training takes you through the steps to create a new form so that you can: # Gather user data in a web form # Process the form data once the form has been submitted # Design a web form interface # Choose the best tags for creating text fields # Write code to compose a drop down menu and interactive buttons # Customize your form's button labels # Quickly and easily add style to your form